Material solution for thermally efficient engines. Technyl® RED is a new generation of PA66 that has been developed to resist the increasing continuous heat stress of new generation engines.
Superior long-term heat performance up to 220°C.
Polyamide Technyl® portfolio offers various solutions to thermally efficient engines:
- The established Technyl® HP range based on pure PA66 has been upgraded by Technyl® RED series, providing new solutions to OEMs to overcome the constraints related to engine downsizing, such as greatly increased temperatures and pressures.
- The “triple-six” PA66/6 based Technyl® RED A offers, next to a good heat ageing resistance comparable to Technyl® HP of 180°C (3000h) or 210°C (1000h) for long term heat exposure, high flowability and nice surface aspect, combined with excellent weld line strength.
- The innovative Technyl® RED X technology boosts the thermal ageing resistance and material strength of classical polyamide 6.6 by integrating a “smart molecule” providing a self-strengthening effect. This self-strengthening effect doesn’t require a specific activation temperature, but becomes effective already at rather low temperatures (e.g. 120 °C).
Technyl® RED – Recommended long term service temperature.
Main Technyl® RED benefits:
- Outstanding heat ageing stability
- High flowability and low viscosity
- Excellent surface aspect
- Processing at mold temperatures below 100°C
Technyl® RED properties:
- Excellent heat ageing resistance up to 220°C long term
- Tensile property gain of more than 50% due to heat induced self-strengthening at 220°C
- Without decrease in elongation at break
Technyl® RED X - Properties are improving with heat ageing.
Typical Technyl®RED applications:
The Technyl® RED series is especially designed for injected parts exposed to continuous heat stress, such as:
- Cylinder head covers
- Air intake manifolds
- Turbo air ducts
- Air/Air Charge air coolers
- Water/Air Charge air coolers
TECHNYL® HPPA66 range with excellent thermal ageing resistance
- Technyl®A 218HP V30 Black 21N (PA66 GF30)
- Technyl®A 218HP V35 Black 21N (PA66 GF35)
- Technyl®A 218HP V50 Black 21N (PA66 GF50)
TECHNYL® REDPA66/6 range with superior thermal ageing resistance
- Technyl® RED A 218HPS V35 black 21N (PA66+6 GF35)
- Technyl® RED A 218HPS V50 black 21N (PA66+6 GF50)
Enhanced PA66 with exceptional thermal and mechanical properties
- Technyl® RED X 218HP V35 black 21N (PA66 GF35)
Loading, please wait