Wherever there is a need for good-looking, precise, tough, moulded parts, you will find the ideal combination of performance properties and value in the Altuglas® family of acrylic thermoplastic resins; excellent optical clarity, unsurpassed weatherability, and design flexibility.
These resins are available in many grades and colours to meet your specific applications.
Altuglas® PMMA Poly(methyl methacrylate) is a transparent thermoplastic, often used as a light or a shatter-resistant alternative to glass. It is sometimes called acrylic glass.
The Altuglas® portfolio offers a wide choice of PMMA resins designed for injection, extrusion and blow moulding.
The general characteristics of Altuglas® PMMA are as follows:
- Highest transparency and brilliance of all plastics
- Mechanical properties
- Rigidity and dimensional stability
- Surface properties
- Hardness and the highest scratch resistance of all plastics
- Resistance to aging
- Excellent resistance to atmospheric agents, UV radiation and aging
In addition, the Altuglas® range offers special properties:
- Impact resistance
- Resistance to gamma sterilisation
- Suitability for food contact
- Suitability for medical applications
- Ultraviolet filtering
- Chemical resistance
Main Altuglas® applications:
- Transport and automotive industry: lights, deflectors, instrument panels, number plates, reflectors, traffic lights, etc.
- Building and construction industry: extruded panels for building, glazing, protection and greenhouses, co-extruded over ABS or PVC panels for caravans, window frames, etc.
- Lighting: light filters, globes, diffusers, etc.
- Household appliances and domestic equipment: dishes, salad bowls, glasses, etc.
- Medical: in-vitro diagnostic, e.g. blood cuvettes
- Many special applications may be added to this list, e.g. DVD discs, cellular phone displays, lenses, shoe heels, display cases, drawers...
Altuglas® Acrylic Resin – Standard Grades
Exceptional optical clarity with resistance to damage and discoloration by ultraviolet rays make Altuglas® acrylic resins the industry standard. These resins are used in automotive lighting, light fittings, household appliances, mobile phone displays, light guide panels, etc.
|Altuglas® V 920T
|High temperature resistance with improved flow properties
|Altuglas® V 825T
|High temperature resistance with good flow properties
|Altuglas® V 046
|Extrusion grade with high heat resistance
Altuglas® Acrylic Resin – Impact Grades
Altuglas® DR, Altuglas® MI and Altuglas® HFI series resins offer impact resistance that is 2 to 15 times greater than standard acrylics, combined with excellent optical qualities.
The Altuglas® HFI range is designed for superior flow and mould release properties, for reduced cycle times. In addition, the HFI range is available in grades resistant to sterilisation by gamma radiation.
|Middle impact modified grade
|Impact modified grade
|High impact modified PMMA
|Impact modified grade with improved fluidity
|High impact modified PMMA with improved fluidity
|Super high impact modified grade
Altuglas® Acrylic Resin – Specialty Grades
Altuglas International has developed a wide range of clear and coloured specialty acrylic resins, in response to growing demand in very exacting applications.
Enhanced technical specifications:
- Improved mechanical properties
- Improved thermal properties
- Higher resistance to chemicals and gamma radiation
- Improved surface hardness
- Anti-scratching properties
- Transparent to UV
- Glossy opaque
- Coloured and textured surfaces
|High fluidity and processability
|UV transparent grade
|Altuglas® HT 121
|Higher thermal resistance and surface hardness (anti-scratching)
|Altuglas® V 825-HID
|Resistance to high intensity discharge sources
|Grades offering UV protection
|Excellent chemical resistance
|Very good chemical resistance and impact properties
|High impact modified grade and very good chemical resistance
|Impact grade, resistance to gamma radiation
|Unique matt appearance
|Unique frosted appearance
|Look of natural stone
|Superior UV protection and weather resistance, adhesion to ABS
|Superior UV protection and adhesion to HIPS
|Superior UV protection and adhesion to PVC
Loading, please wait