DSM (Royal DSM) was founded in 1902. Today DSM is a 9 billion € turnover multi- specialty chemical company. DSM is a active worldwide with more than 200 locations (plants, R&D labs, offices) with the headquarters located in the Netherlands.
DSM creates innovative products and services in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences that contribute to the quality of life.
DSM activities are split between 4 business units:
- Polymer intermediates
- Performances Polymers
DSM Engineering Plastics is a division of the Performances Polymers business unit.
DSM Engineering Plastics is a fully integrated polymer producer, having a long history and experience in the compounding market. This results in a fast, flexible and customer focused business which provides the market with a portfolio of materials that are well suited to meet the needs of a wide variety of industries and applications.
The Current portfolio of DSM Engineering Polymers includes some leading brands of the industry including:
- Akulon® - Polyamide 6 and polyamide 6.6
- Stanyl® - Polyamide 4.6
- ForTii™ - PPA Polyamide 4T
- ForTii™ Ace - PPA extreme high aromatic polyamide 4T
- Ecopaxx® - Polyamide 4.10
- Arnite® - PBT and PET
- Arnitel® - Thermoplastic polyester based elastomers (TPE-E)
- Xytron™ – PPS
DSM Engineering Plastics has a strong strategy regarding sustainability by acting on the following four differentiators:
- Low or neutral carbon footprint of materials and applications such as weight reduction
- Bio-based polymers able to perform in critical technical components such as Ecopaxx®
- Reduction of/Elimination of hazardous substances such as Halogens
- Recycling with the ultimate goal to reach cradle to cradle solutions