TECHNYL STAR™ is Solvay's brand of high flow polyamide 6 (PA6) and polyamide 6.6 (PA66) which goes beyond traditional polyamide properties, delivering major processing gains and opening up new application opportunities.
TECHNYL STAR™ PA6
Solvay TECHNYL STAR™ PA6 is from the polyamide 6 range which provides productivity while offering design freedom and a perfect surface finish.
On average TECHNYL STAR™ PA6 delivers a minimum 10% reduction in injection cycle time, 20% decrease in injection pressure, a clamping force reduction of 30% and a processing temperature reduction of 40˚C, against traditional polyamide 6 grades. This gives processors and moulders significant cost time and energy saving advantages.
TECHNYL STAR™ PA66
TECHNYL STAR™ PA66 is from the high flow polyamide 6.6 range. Combining superior flow together with a currently unmet level of reinforcement (up to 60%), Technyl Star™ AFX offers unequalled stiffness, temperature resistance and incomparable processability.
TECHNYL STAR™ PA66 bridges the gap between standard polyamides and more costly high performance plastic or metal solutions.
Main properties of TECHNYL STAR™ PA6 and TECHNYL STAR™ PA66 grades:
- Reduced mould filling time
- Energy cost saving
- Reduced clamping force
- Process optimisation
- Maintenance cost reduction
- Increased number of cavities
- Injection machines downsizing
- Design freedom in tools and parts
- Fewer injection points and smaller runner
- Less scrap
- Excellent thermal & mechanical properties
- High stiffness
- High mechanical property retention after ageing at elevated temperatures
- Attractive surface aspect
- Excellent surface finish
- Scrap rate reduction for post-surface treatment
Typical Technyl Star™ applications
Automotive: engine covers, gear lever housings, door handle and lock applications.
Electricals & electronics: appliance and industrial controls, such as control switchgear, rotary switches and timers thanks to products being halogen and red phosphorous free.
Consumer & industrial goods: power tools, machine components such as bearing cages, pumps, pneumatic connectors or cable chains.
Technyl Star™ PA6 high flow grades
- Technyl Star™ SX 218 V50 50% glass reinforced
- Technyl Star™ SX 218 V60 60% glass reinforced
- Technyl Star™ S 216/S 218 V30 30% glass reinforced
- Technyl Star™ S 216/S 218 V35 35% glass reinforced
- Technyl Star™ S 218 MT40 40% mineral reinforced
- Technyl Star™ SX 218 MZ20 V10 30% glass + mineral reinforced
Technyl Star™ PA66 high flow grades
- Technyl Star™ AFX 218 V50 50% glass reinforced
- Technyl Star™ AFX 218 V60 60% glass reinforced
Loading, please wait