Sabic is the largest polyolefin producer in the Middle East and one of the largest players worldwide. Next to production sited in Saudi Arabia it gained a foothold in Europe when it took over the STAMYLAN® P business of DSM in the late nineties.
A very extensive portfolio of materials enables customers to choose the right product for every conversion technique:
- Blown film
- Cast film
- Extrusion Blow Moulding (EBM)
- Injection Stretch Blow Moulding (ISBM)
- Injection moulding
- Fibre spinning
Polypropylene is typically divided into three main groups. Each of these groups displays different outstanding property and therefore Sabic® PP are used in many different applications:
- PP homopolymer has the highest stiffness
- PP copolymer has the highest impact resistance
- PP random copolymer has the highest transparency
SABIC® PP offers:
- Good to High stiffness = possible down gauging
- High temperature resistance = allows filling at high temperature, microwave, sterilisation
- Chemical inertness = stress cracking resistance
- Steam barrier properties = food protection
- Nucleated or clarified grades = higher stiffness and transparency
- Outstanding impact / rigidity balance = possible substitution of more expensive polymers
- Easy to stretch = excellent for film and fibre applications
- Good hinge properties = allows advance part design and cost saving
Typical Sabic® PP applications
Food packaging, pails, crates and boxes, caps and closures, fibres and staple fibres , films, tubes and pipes, sheets and profiles, house wares and consumer goods.
The Sabic® PP portfolio consists of a full range of homopolymers, block and random copolymers meeting the highest industry demands from three production sites in Europe and Saudi Arabia.
Furthermore Sabic produces polypropylene grades with some advanced properties.
Clearpact® PP is a transparent polypropylene with good impact properties.
- Clearpact® CPC04C mfi 4
- Clearpact® CPC35C mfi 35
Flowpact® PP is the brand name of a new polypropylene generation combining good flow, stiffness and impact properties:
- Flowpact® FPH50 mfi 50 Homopolymer
- Flowpact® FPC55 mfi 55 Copolymer
- Flowpact® PFC100 mfi 100 Copolymer
Loading, please wait